Place the full description of each product here.
- Place all specifications here (short and to the point), so no promotional or marketing texts.
- Place only plain text here, so without formatting. If there are 'enters' in your text, provide them with a \\ n (double backslash n) or a \\ r (double backslash r).
Technical points of attention:
- Make sure that any HTML elements, such as <br>, <li>, etc., that occur are replaced by a \ or \r. Avoid stripping these HTML elements completely.
- Is the replacement a problem? Then it is better to leave all original HTML elements (such as formatting elements like <b> </b>) instead of stripping all HTML.
- Make sure that the character encoding of the description is also correct, this will prevent foreign characters. The desired standard is UTF-8.
- When generating a product feed, make sure that no encodings are (incorrectly) converted. Make sure that no encodings (incorrect) are converted, e.g. do not use the words 'f?hn' or 'fÅ@ hn'.
- When generating a product feed, make sure that descriptions are not accidentally truncated to a maximum of 255 characters.
- The description is shown for shopping cart products.
- With cpc, the description is used in the processing and placement of products in order to optimize categorization and findability.