The value of a good product feed
A good product feed is essential for a good placement and therefore findability on beslist.nl. The more complete you deliver the product feed, the better your conversion can be.
The better and more complete the content, the more purposefully the consumer clicks on your products. Consumers will click through faster on beslist.nl due to complete information, which means that the chance on conversion you make from these clicks will be even higher. If your content is not complete, the consumer makes informative clicks that many times less lead to conversion.
The aim must be that the quality of your information is so high that every click delivered leads one-to-one to a purchase, a 100% conversion rate!
Shopping cart account
The more complete the content, the more orders you will receive. In the event of insufficient information about a product, the consumer will doubt whether he should purchase it. If he does, the chance of a return is then significantly higher.
A good product feed has the following characteristics
- The feed contains the entire product range of your webshop. Also the part that is possibly not currently published on beslist(this is excluded with delivery time "not in stock" and / or display "0").
- All product specifications of these products
- The current range
- Whether the product should be displayed (display column).
- Price: The selling price (including VAT and excluding shipping costs).
- Delivery time: Clear and concrete delivery time.
- Shipping costs: The shipping costs including VAT.
- The pictures of the products
- First image: At least 800 x 800 pixels to get a clear view of the product.
- For the shopping cart model, alternative images: Preferably side views (also at least 800 x 800 pixels).
- Sizes / versions: The available (and also no longer available) sizes or versions of the product
Product feed formatting
- The product feed can be uploaded as .XML. .CSV or as a .TXT file.
- To prevent CSV / TXT files from misreading the data into the feed (because the used data separator is also accidentally included in the description provided), it is advisable to enclose all data fields with ", vbd. "Title"; "Description"; "Price"; ... instead of Title; Description; Price;
Save the product feed in a continuously accessible location (for example http://www.jouwdomein.nl/ productfeed.xml). This can also be an FTP location. The once saved location of the product feed can only be changed in consultation with beslist.nl.
Frequency of updating
In addition to the possible use of the shopitem api, your feed should preferably be updated once every two hours, or as soon as changes have been made.